Thursday 17 December 2009

Reality Bites

I have accepted my fate. As of 4th January I will be back to my old self - almost. It will be my first day back in my role of Primary School Teacher. It won't be quite the same as before, afterall, I'm a mother now and will also be part-time which is going to require a large amount of adjustment in itself.

This realisation comes after Ellen enjoyed her first settling session at nursery today and I enjoyed my school Christmas 'do' last night. Ellen, being the social butterfly I had suspected, didn't even look back at me once she got her hands and knees onto the soft surfaces of the beautiful nursery she will be attending. I left her for just over an hour and when I collected her I was given a 'report' explaining what she had been doing in my absence. Rather amazingly, it described how she had been making christmas biscuits and exploring the treasure chest. That's my girl.

So, I'm making the most of the festive period and finally feeling more relaxed about my inevitable fall from the luxury of Maternity Leave. All I can say is that I'm doing everything via www.petitpoppet.co.uk I can via www.petitpoppet.co.uk to make sure it's a temporary solution and that I can one day, hopefully, achieve my dream of being a full-time WAHM. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment