Tuesday 15 December 2009

It's in the bag...

Literally..all in my new fan dabby dozy changing bag from Ju Ju Be.



Let me start by saying that I am NOT a bag fan. Never have been into handbags etc so could not understand what all the fuss was about.



I figured that as Petit Poppet (http://www.petitpoppet.co.uk/) is now a retailer for Ju Ju Be I better order one and see for myself just how wondrous these bags were.



I remained sceptical. I spent nearly two weeks weighing up all the different designs before I opted for a BeAll in Lotus Lullaby.


When it arrived, I unpackaged it and thought the print was fairly nice. The surface of the bag felt much better quality than I had envisaged and so I emptied my old Boots freebie and went about the boring job of packing it. This was where I fell in love...


All of a sudden the usually mundane of packing the change bag was transformed into a pure delight. The BeAll had a pocket for everything inside it's voluminous main compartment. I had a big empty hole in the middle after I had stashed my nappies, wipes, toys, bibs and spare change of clothes! The luxury of deciding what to fill that gap with was a joy I'd never known the likes of before. Then I discovered the quick change pocket at the front (under the main flap)...


This quick change compartment allowed me to store two nappies, a small pack of wipes and contains a wet shuttle ready for used wipes etc to be neatly tucked away. I felt ready to take on the world once I had this bad boy packed - and we weren't done yet.


The outer flap has a large zip pocket on which has a mobile phone sock and a bungee for car keys. Plus, the shoulder strap has a large wide memory foam pad and is oh so comfy.


The two insulated bottle pockets on the outside were today, the perfect storage spot for the Calpol and Olbas oil since my baby girl is suffering with an awesome cold :( and the changing mat that is tucked in the back pocket is magnificent... It is made of memory foam and feels great to touch. Ellen literally laid on it on her front pressing for squidginess factor again and again. It kept her entertained for ages. This back pocket is also where the genius 'crumb drains' are to be found. Simple but mucho clever - two little holes so you can keep your snacks in the pocket and if the crumbs leak out (which they inevitably do) you just tilt the bag and out they come. Tah da!


I can't quite believe I've managed to harp on about this for quite so long but I am stunned by it's allure. Like I said, I ain't into bags. Although I have a funny feeling I am now!


Ju Ju Be will be added to the site ASAP but if you can't wait til then please feel free to email info@petitpoppet.co.uk to arrange an order. You definitely will not regret it!

2 comments: