Wednesday 28 April 2010

A Word From Jo...


I had a very productive and exciting telephone call with Jo Cameron today.

Jo first burst onto our screens in The Apprentice in 2006. Since then, she has gone on to become a hugely successful businesswoman and runs the wonderful Women on their Way (www.womenontheirway.co.uk) which supports and encourages women to fulfil their potential. Jo is a patron of SANDS (Stillbirth & Neonatal Death Society UK). Sadly, she lost her first daughter Emmeline after she was born prematurely at 24 weeks. Since then, Jo has made it her mission to raise as much money and awareness for babyloss and the charities associated.

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to talk to Jo on the telephone today. As I explained the journey that led me to Petit Poppet (www.petitpoppet.co.uk) she was thrilled to hear how the tiny idea of loaning one sling out for SANDS donations had turned into a full scale business/fundraising project in such a short amount of time. It was great telling her the story and hearing her ideas about how she can support me with it in the future.

So thank you Jo, you were a pleasure to talk to and it was lovely to share the excitement I have for what I'm doing with someone who understands what it means to me.

You can read what Jo had to say about Petit Poppet and her thoughts on babywearing at www.petitpoppet.co.uk/awordfromjo

I love reading your comments, so please tell me what your thoughts are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment