Monday 29 March 2010

Decisions, decisions

Life is just ram packed full of decisions right now it would appear. I honestly have no room left in my head for any further choices. I've spent nearly two weeks trying to put stock orders together for Ju Ju Be Changing Bags and Huggalugs baby leg warmers. There are just too many lovely styles/designs to choose from. In taking such a long time to decide, I am doing myself out of business so have set today as my deadline for making those choices. I'm sure that I'll be placing additional orders before too long so no idea why this all feels so important.

Thankfully, Easter is nearly upon us and two weeks of release from my 'real' job looms. The freedom these weeks are promising me is almost unbearable. I am going to have up to 6 full days to myself which will be the first time since Ellen was born. Don't get me wrong, I adore every second I spend with her but my house is a mess, my to do list is longer than a long thing and I am going to really enjoy sitting and having a coffee in the morning and drinking the entire cup while it's hot.

Yesterday we spent the day with our lovely friends who for one reason or another we haven't seen since before Christmas. You'd never believe we live less than a mile away from each other... Still, we went for a delightful pub lunch by the river. We spent ages deciding what to have to eat from the extensive menu (more decisions) and then when we ordered and asked for them to bring a highchair, were politely informed they don't 'do' highchairs. I was agog. No highchairs? Surely this must be a mistake right? Wrong. We asked at the bar and were again told nope, no highchairs. I never knew such a scenario was possible. I was full of plans to take along my own gigantic highchair next time to teach them a lesson but since the food was rather uninspiring at least we won't have to worry about the logistics of doing so.

We went elsewhere for dessert and finished off the afternoon with a trip to the swings. Ellen had her first go on the seesaw which she'd never done before and adored it. Especially the bit where daddy bumped mummy really hard and made her fly into the air with her prized camera in her hands. Tut tut.



Happy babywearing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment